Day 5: Phone Banking

Manchester, NH

     Today I wasn't feeling so well so I decided to spend the day phone-banking. I got emailed a link to a program and started calling. Most people didn't pick up, and I was instructed to not leave a message. Some people I spoke with were fellow volunteers which was very cool! Other people that answered said they were definitely voting for Bernie. I helped a couple people confirm their polling places. Then I had a great conversation with a women who was deciding between Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. We talked about how Elizabeth Warren's plan for student debt relief only went up to the first $50,000 and that she had no plan to abolish medical debt. Not only did she switch to Bernie, she offered her home to volunteers and ask her friends if they would too! Housing for all the people coming in from other states was our campaign's number one problem! I felt awesome and Will was so excited when I gave him her information! All and all this experience was pretty great!

Comments

Popular Posts