Day 3: New Hampshire State Capital


     One of my favorite hobbies is going to State Capital buildings. Unfortunately, I don’t get to travel as much anymore to do so. My favorite previous experience was the Connecticut State Capital in Hartford. I met the Governor!

     This state capital has a unique collection of Civil War-era battle flags (Union). I was told of a fascinating man, and possible future paper topic for me, named Richard Gil Forester. Mr. Forester was a free-black from the state of Virginia. When VA succeeded from the Union, they threw the US flag that was flying on their State House on the ground. Mr. Forester, seeing this as a horror, picked it up and kept in safe. It, along with flags from every other Union state, are kept in display boxes in the entrance of the New Hampshire State Capital. I was very moved by it and would encourage anyone who has a chance to see it to do so.

Also, no one steal by paper idea.




Comments

Popular Posts